Wednesday, January 7, 2009

GeTtIng SIcK of GeTtInG LaYEd oFf!

Big long Sigh.....
Yesterday was a an interesting day. Dave was up bright and Early in the morning- ready, waiting and wanting to go to work. So i got up too so i could read a little of my new book i just started. (Twilight,good book thanks mom) Then we left at 7:15 to go and pick up kyle so i could drop them off to work. Any way I went home got Milo up and in the tub. While i was bending over to put his toys in the tub my phone fell right out of my pocket and into the water. DAMIT!!! Luckly it was only in there for 2.1 seconds.. I hope. So i guess this is what started my lovely day.

Milo and I had decided to go to the library for a bit and get some books and a movie. Then i had to go and run some other errands around town. Driving ohh so slow and making sure others on the road were being just as careful as i was. We then went to Mickey Dees for some lunch and some play time on the play toy. Don't worry everyone i made him eat first and play last, those things are so gross. And yes mom i washed his hands after. . . . and before.. Going on I couldn't get Milo to leave after a bit. He was getting along very well with the other children, but most of all he was having fun. So when i saw the opportunity i took it.

He came down the slide just dripping with sweat. So i picked up his cup and said " Milo, you look so hot are you thirsty? Why don't we go get you something to drink." Ha Ha! It worked He was a little mad a first when i started for the door after i filled up his cup, but then gave up on it.
I took Milo over to my moms work then headed to my work. Shannon was there and looked like her head cold had gotten worse over the night. She had a huge pile of work for me and needed me to print up some checks right away. So after Derek was done with faxing some paper work, I took action with printing the checks. Shannon was gone by this time left for lunch.
The time i was done getting the 8-10 checks printed Shannon had arrived back from lunch. She was gone only for a half an hour and i felt so proud of myself to be done with all of the checks and some other things she had given me. This was at 2:00-2:10 or so when this all happened.

Around 3:15 Mike called me into his office to see if he could talk to me. I didn't think anything of it. I sat down in a chair in front of his desk and took of my glasses. My eyes started to blur from the paper work i was looking at earlier, and taking off my glasses so fast.
He started out " So Dave found a job"
Me- "Yeah. And he really likes it so.... were really happy"
I then told him the name of the company, and where it was at and what he does.
Mike- "Good, well Jossilyn i wanted to talk to you and .... you probley know where this is going but we need to lay you off..

BAM.......... OCH

He went on to explain that i had done nothing wrong, i was doing all that i was suppose to be doing and more. But they needed someone who was trained in doing Submittals and O&M's.
Me, holding back the tears- "Well i know the process is extremely hard. I know from my last job. But is there any kind of class i can take or training so i don't have to just get up and leave here. I'm willing to learn."
Mike- "Well there is, but it would take 4 years. Listen Jossilyn your young. And the type of person i am looking for is in there 30's and has done this before and knows how it all works."
Me- " Okay.. and i understand that but when Shannon hired me she just said that she needed me to help her and that she would teach me things, so that i could take it off of her plate. Also just so i was here and just help her with what ever help she needed help with. I have learned so much from her, and that i am so thankful for. I'm not mad at you guys and i understand that you are looking out for your company, but about 2 months ago Shannon did tell me that she wanted to teach me how to do submittals and O&Ms, so that it would be off of Dereks Plate. She also said that all of us would be having a meeting so we could talk about it and decide what would be done. I told her that i would love to learn that, and to tell me when the meeting would be held. A couple days go by and i ask her if we are going to have that meeting or start the work and she said she didn't know. And then i asked two weeks latter. She said she still didn't know. I told her to let me know if she hears anything more about it. So how was i suppose to learn about that, if you never let me or tell me what is going on so i can even try to learn."
Mike was sitting there looking at me and listening while nodding at me talking.
Me going on- " So i tryed and i don't want you to think that i just gave up on it and didn't worry about doing the work."
He then went on the explain that he needed someone with experience in that department and Derek, the estimator couldn't do the work anymore, he needed to bid jobs.
I talked to Mike for about 45 min or so telling him that he was a good boss and he took really takes good care of his employees. I said that i know because i came from my last job where everyone was so rude and didn't give a shit about anyone but there selfs.
Mike " Well jossilyn i wanted to let you know that you did nothing wrong and usually when people are in here I'm fiering them because they screwed up and keep screwing up. I am glad that you did work with us while you were here but... We just need someone with more experience i hope you understand."
I told him thanks walking out the door just crying worse then when i was talking to him. Shannon was there to hug me, i gave her a hug. But to tell you the truth i didn't want to.
She told me to go the bathroom and take all the time i needed. I was in there long enough to wipe my tears and fluff my hair. I went out to office, red puffy eyes and all. Yeah! I hurry and sat down quickly and started working on entering the bills into quickbooks. I didn't even look up. Scottie, one of the laborers, was faxing and i didn't want him to see me how i was.
Shannon and i talked a bit and she was so sorry, she said she tryed to keep me but couldn't convince them. She said maybe latter on when they can afford it they would hire me back.
I told Shannon that i really needed to go home so i could talk to Dave. And i wish i had my cell phone cuz the ride home took FOREVER!!!!

So I'm a little bummed, sad, surprised and angry. I loved working with MJ Mechanical. I loved the positive enviorment that was there. I will miss it truly i though i would be there for a long time. But i was wrong. I'm really getting sick of getting layed off cuz i don't have enough experience. ( Then why in the hell did you hier me in the first place?) So i guess i will be a stay at home mom for a bit and take care of my family. Which i love that job and always will but the pay sucks and it doesn't offer benefits.... lol.. jk..
Photobucket
My ohhh hold it all in face... nice eh..

No comments:

Post a Comment