Monday, January 5, 2009

aBouT tHe JoB & aUnT KiM!

So David had his first day at work!!! The name of the company is Energy Star Instalation. David only had to work a half a day today, so i went home for lunch and got to visit with him about it. He said he loved it.. (YEAH) He said that it was really easy and the only hard part is trying to fit into a tiny little hole so he can have access to the attic. But he says he thinks he will really really like it and cant wait to go back tomorrow! His boss is really fun too so that is also a plus. But he gets to bring his cousin Kyle with him tomorrow, so they can train him to run the truck. Then when they both feel confident with the work they will be able to do the jobs with just the two of them and David will be in charge. So this is really working out for Dave and I and even his cousin. The only thing that sucks is i just have to go into work latter but it will be fine.

So I didn't really get to talk about last week. I forgot that I went and visited with my aunt Kim. I have been wanting to go over there for some time and so I was glad that i could go over with my mom and see her last Tuesday. Right when i walked into the room it felt so warm with love and happiness. You could just tell that she had more then just physical visitors there, there were past relatives helping her get threw this. Walking up and seeing her so frail, sick and so thin was really hard for me to see. Even thought Kim is only my step aunt we have been in there family sense... i could remember. All the past memories of her flooded back into my head. I started to tear up but held it in and gave her a hug. I didn't know what to say but " It is so good to see you, I have been wanting to see you for some time." She held on to me for sometime and said in my ear that she loved me and was glad to see me. It was just so nice to go and sit down and listen to her talk and tell story's about anyone and anything. She was upbeat and happy to visit. I do have to say though, i could tell that i was not looking into her eyes and would look away when i would talk to her. And i thought about it on the way home and i didn't know why i did that and felt bad that i did. But when i think more about it, i think i did that cuz it was really hard to look into her eyes and see her pain. It was also hard to look and see how sick she really was and that she really is dying. Her face is so skinny now and just hearing her talk about the tiny little and i mean little things that she would eat she would just throw it back up. I just recently had the flu and i cant believe that she would have to go threw that everyday.
I am really glad that i went and saw her thought. It was good to talk to her and tell her what is new and what Milo got for Christmas and to just talk. She also let me borrow a book that she had received in the mail from a friend who wrote it. She was so happy to share it with us and saying "I'm in a book!" But how freaking cool is that. I wish i was in a book. Anyway she went on to tell us about the book and the struggles this lady had. Her sister is mealy handicap and the book just talks about how as a family they dealt with it and tryed to help her grow up and be some what on her own in this cruel world we live in. ( The book is called That went well) But Aunt Kim held out the book and said her take it. I was kind of struck and dumb founded like wow you just got this book today, and its signed and your letting me borrow it? Wow thank you. I felt so special and lucky to be the first one to read it! And let me tell you when i got home i made sure that i told everyone not to touch it or ruin it cuz this book was a special book, it had my aunt in it!.. So taking the book I was so happy that she was thinking of me and knew that i needed something good to read, as we had talked about it earlier.
As we said are good byes and i bent down to hug her good bye, she whispered in my ear. "Jossilyn we love you so much and care about you, I want you to know that this is a house of love and you will always be safe here no matter what. If you need to come here you can. I love you so much". I am so glad that i have grown up with such a loving, caring, nurturing aunt who loves you no matter if your black, blue, purple, pink big, small.. She has loved me threw all my struggles and has gone threw all my different stages growning up. I thank her for that love and i will truly miss her when she is gone. I know we all will, but she lives in all of our hearts in so many diffrent ways that we will never forget her and how she has touched us all. I am grateful i have gotten to know her for as long as I have, and wished to be a better person because of her. I love her very much and wish she didn't have to struggle any more. I love my aunt Kim!

1 comment:

  1. That was very nice. Thanks for sharing your feelings. I love Kim also. She will be missed, but always remembered. :) Mom

    ReplyDelete